Day in and day out people work in their so called stable jobs. They go to the office and work for 8 to 10 hours. It’s a good life, but not a great and awesome one. I want to show you how to find your passion and take your life to a new level. You will be back in control and instead of hating Mondays because you have to drive to work, you will love the new week because it’s time to create something awesome and helpful.
Find what you love
Here is a quick fact: You can’t live doing something that you don’t like. Period.
To find what you love you need to pay attention to the things you do in your life that you love. It could be one of your hobbies, a side hustle or even a part of your actual job. To find it you need to ask yourself the next questions:
- Can you do this without getting bored? This is perhaps the most important question, you need to be able to go on doing this without feeling it as a repetitive task or a chore. You need to feel it’s fun and awesome.
- Can you do this without feeling burned out? Too much work leads to low morale and just doing it the wrong way. You need to enjoy it and be able to actually want to do it.
- Can I earn money with this? Even when I would love to see you working in your passion without a problem, money is a factor. After all you need to pay the bills right? you need to have a way to earn cash with your passion and this question is an important one to answer with a cool mind. Be honest!
If you can answer those questions with ease you are part of the luckiest group, the ones that really found out their passion. But don’t worry if you don’t know what is, this is all about how to find your passion right?
If you don’t know what it is start experimenting
The best way to find your passion is experimenting different things, trying new things will make you grow and will get you closer to your passion. The idea is to start experimenting some new and meaningful tasks. They don’t have to be huge, but they have to mean something.
For example in her book, The Happiness Project(yes it’s an affiliate link, thanks for the coffee!), Gretchen Rubin details how she starts experimenting new things, from forming a collection to starting a blog and later on launching the book.
For me it was just surfing the internet, but there are some more options to find your passion, take a look to the following tips:
- Join a class: There are a lot of places offering cheap classes or even free sample ones. Invest a couple of hours to see if it’s for you, the worst thing that can happen is that you learn something new.
- Surf the internet: This is my favorite method since it’s somewhat inexpensive. Just look around for tutorials on how to do stuff, you can find all kinds of stuff, from building websites to whole business. Set aside an hour or two to find out.
- Ask your friends: People is an amazing source of inspiration, just ask one of your friends to take you along for some activity they do and you have the interest to find out. Worst thing that can happen is that you will be a good friend for sharing a good moment with them.
- Read a book: This is another cheap way, just go to your local bookstore or order online about a topic you want to find out. I started on calligraphy this way.
Overcome the fear of failure
I bet you have heard stories of people who left their job to work on their dream and that they are doing amazing things. I heard them too and I wanted to be part of it badly. But before that could happen I had to overcome the fear of failure.
Fear of failure is that little voice inside your head that tells you to not do the things because people may not like them or because you are not good enough. Each time that voice starts to speak, you need to send her away. Realize just one simple truth, you are starting out and it’s ok to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them you will be alright and become a better you with each step you take. I believe that you can make it.
The idea is that you start pushing your own limits and building endurance for the truly big things that are coming your way.
The work revolution
Now before you start saying that you don’t have time to do all this, realize that is just an excuse. You can extract a little bit of time each day. The best thing that you could do is at least take one step towards your passion daily, it doesn’t matter if it is big or small.
For example you could start by researching for half an hour each day and during the weekends invest 2 hours to experiment something new. you could take the time to follow a tutorial each week, or practice your skills for half an hour daily. The idea is to build the habit of working towards your goals and dreams.
Remember that you are the one who will make all the changes in your life. It’s your responsibility, but it doesn’t have to be a chore, it must be an enriching experience. Finding your passion is part of this work, but it is an important part of it.
During this week, devote a little bit of time and learn how to find your passion as soon as possible. In the next post I will tell you how to start working on it, start a simple plan to execute and go for the best results even if it’s still your side project. And don’t forget to share with the buttons below and send a bit of good karma your way.