I know you have heard it, a lot of naysayers claim that the world is going to end this year. I’m truly tired of hearing such things, so I propose you something different, I want you to help me save the world this year and shut those naysayers while we are at it.
Relax, I won’t ask something impossible. In fact, I’m about to teach you how to do it.
Save the world 101
To save the world, what you need is to start a positive change. It doesn’t have to be a huge change, you don’t have to invent anything extraordinary (but if you really want to do it, let me know how can I help you). You just need to follow these very simple steps when you are alone, they work best in the morning:
- Find a mirror: It doesn’t matter if it’s big or small, even the one in your bathroom will do. This is truly an important part of the process.
- Look at the person in the mirror: Simple and easy, stand in front of the mirror if it’s big, or if you are holding it in your hand place it in front of you. Do you see the beautiful person in the mirror? It doesn’t matter if he/she is having a bad hair day. He/She is awesome and it’s going to save the world.
- Recite these words while looking at the mirror: “You are a wonderful guy/girl. During 2012, you are going to save the world”.
- Notice how you feel: If you felt awesome, that’s great, and you can pass to the next step. If you felt awkward or a bit dumb, please repeat the previous step. Put your heart in it and I promise you will feel awesome.
- Recite these other words while looking in the mirror and please put your heart in them: “To save the world, you will be kind to yourself, you won’t beat you up each time you fail.”
- Notice how you feel: Feels a bit weird? Don’t worry, it’s the magic working. Keep going, please don’t stop right now, we are truly making an awesome progress.
- Recite these words, put every good feeling into it: “You will be kind to yourself. You won’t call you names and you won’t be mean”.
- Notice how you feel: It feels warm and fuzzy inside or like butterflies in your belly? Good, we are making an excellent progress to save the world.
- With all the kindness in the world, recite this words: “Saving the world starts with you. If you change for good, the world will be a better place.”
- Notice how you feel: Are you feeling the positive energy? if you do, then you are truly starting to save the world, if you don’t relax, don’t worry. Nobody will judge you for this one, beside you are working towards a greater good. That’s one great thing to be proud of. Now let’s keep going.
- With all your heart recite this: “You are an amazing person, you have done great things so far”. If you can list one or two things. Everything is fair game: getting an awesome grade at school, cooking and awesome breakfast, getting a prize.
- Feel the magic: Do you feel what we are doing? It’s powerful, it’s amazing, and it’s all your success. You are about to do it!
- Now really put everything you have and recite this: “Today you will love to make the world a better place with one simple action”. Follow this one with a simple action that will help you change a bad habit. It doesn’t need to be big, a small thing will do. You could say something like: “I would love to hug my children before they go to school” or “I will like to meditate 5 minutes today”. Notice that it’s very specific and involves kind words.
- Notice how you feel: Suddenly what you said you would like to do seems easier. You may even feel compelled to do it right away. If so you are doing a great work so far.
- For our grand finale, recite this with all the peace in the world: “You will do your best today, and you will have no regrets. I love you, you are a true warrior”.
- Smile: It’s truly important that you finish everything smiling. It’s the true power to get all this magic working.
How can this save the world?
Simple, true change doesn’t mean that you need to convince a million people to change their ways. True change is inside you, and as Michael Jackson used to say: “If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change”.
The first time you do this, you may feel a bit awkward. You may not believe it. But if you keep doing this every morning for one month, you will start noticing how change becomes easier. You will see that one simple action at a time your bad habits will just fade away.
Why will this work?
To be honest, we are messing a little bit with your subconscious. You are forming new positive ideas. Instead of beating yourself because you made a mistake, you are being kind and forming one simple contract with you everyday. This is far more powerful than any resolution you made, because it encourages you to take action. Because someone asked you really kindly to do something easy for them.
Believe me it works. I know it sounds cheesy, but you can make long lasting changes if you give yourself the opportunity to follow this exercise the best you can. Remember, each morning, just allow yourself to follow it. It will take you 5 minutes at most. And it will get you to change all your bad habits.
Not imagine, if you invest that little amount of time each day, by the end of the year you would have completed your whole to-do list, you would have achieved your resolutions and the world would be a better place. All done by you!
Ready to help me save the world? Working together we can do it! If you have any doubts or want a more personalized exercise, just leave em a comment and I will help you.