Being grateful is one of the core actions of every Enso Warrior. All around you can see people saying “thank you.” It’s something very common, but that is not the way true gratitude is felt. A grateful warrior is the one that is willing to help someone. It’s not like being in debt, it’s feeling a powerful urge to return the help that has been given.
Try to remember when was the lat time that you truly felt gratitude towards someone. That feeling is the one that we try to cultivate in your life. When used int the right way it can help you strengthen your relationships and form stronger bonds with your friends. Let’s find out how to do it.
Just saying thank you won’t cut it out for this particular value.You need to truly show your gratitude when speaking. That means eye contact. You need to look in the eyes of the person who helped you when you speak. Then a simple thank you gains an insane amount of value.
Sill there is so much more that you can do to add value to your life by cultivating your gratitude. Take the time to practice the following activities in your daily life.
- During the mornings: First thing in the morning should be a positive thought. There is no better way to do that than being grateful. Spend a couple of minute sin the morning to just be thankful to the world for the blessings you have. For me it means a short pause before my morning meditation to thank for 2 or 3 things that have happened or that I have.
- Be grateful for the challenges: As an Enso Warrior, you don’t see the problems in life, but you do see all the challenges that lie ahead of you. It’s time to take it a step higher and be thankful for those challenges. They will give you endurance and make you an overall stronger warrior. Even if the challenges are not pleasant, life throws them at you because you are ready to face them. Your gratitude towards this challenges will help you overcome them with ease and give you a stronger mentality to survive change.
- Your family and friends: The people around you make you stronger and happier. Every friend or family member that is happy helps to boost your happiness too. Be thankful for this blessing. if you want to learn a lot more about the connections that you have with other persons and how they affect your happiness perhaps you want to watch this video from Dr. Deepak Chopra.
- Be thankful for your food: Not everyone is as lucky as you are. Some have very little to eat. you should be thankful for even the water you drink. This deed practice will help you value the small things in life. Even a glass of water is not easy to come by in the middle of the desert. Be grateful that you have food and water for you and your loved ones. Before eating do a silent moment of gratitude or if you like allow someone in the table to speak and give thanks. You will see how the whole meal tastes better.
- Do something for your friends: Speaking is not the only way to be grateful. You can show your gratitude by doing something for your friends. Perhaps you can use your skills to do good to them or you can help them move to their new place. Every small action counts and that is why you do it. Remember that being an Enso Warrior is also doing the best we can do even in the smaller tasks of life. Simple hint: Make some coffee for your loved ones as a surprise, see what happens.
- Night time is also for gratitude: Before I go to bed I try this simple exercise. I remember the challenges and small victories of the day, then I sit for a minute to show my gratitude to the world for them. Sometimes this leads to my nightly meditation, but it’s not necessary if you don’t want to. Just remember to at least do it once a day, early morning or night, it doesn’t matter.
I bet you have figured more ways to show your gratitude and you should practice them in your daily life. Focus on adding one at a time and move up from there. Remember that the road to improve yourself is a long marathon not a sprint, so take your time working out with every suggestion and add those that resonate the most with you.
Strengthen your connections
Being a grateful person will immediately have a powerful effect in you life. You will see how it’s easier to keep friendships and relationships. That is just because you truly express what you feel when a friend does something for you. Now take the time to open up more ways to do it.
It’s wonderful to not only say thank you, but celebrate your friends. It doesn’t have to be a special holiday to be grateful for your friends or pay a visit to them. In our modern days it’s even easier, just go to their Facebook wall or drop them an email just to say how thankful you are for their friendship. I bet at least one of your friends will return you the mail with some heart warming message. That simple action made a stronger bond and it will help you on the longer run.
I thank you for reading me so far
To finish this post I wanted to do something special. I want to thank you for being my reader and helping me spread a good message to the world. Every word you read I write it just for you. Each time you tweet or share it on Facebook, you help me out. I can’t say how grateful I am for such a wonderful action, even if it seems small for you, it is huge for me.
To show you my gratitude I promise to keep writing the best content I can. I would love your feedback with comments. If you want to share this post, please be my guest. There are a lot of great things coming here to Enso Journey, stay strong and I will see you around.